Leumi UK Community Support 2019/2020
Leumi UK is dedicated to being a proactive and productive member of all the communities in which it operates. We therefore consider our charitable endeavours to be a key part of our social responsibility.
We support charities though donations, as well as though hosting and organising fundraising events.
We are also committed to becoming more involved in the day-to-day activities of the organisations and causes we support. As a result, we encourage our staff members to spend time out of the office volunteering in the local community.
Due to our unique heritage, we are active in a wide number of communities and this is reflected by the diverse causes we choose to support.
As the UK subsidiary of a major Israeli bank, we frequently partner with charities that support Britain’s Jewish and Israeli communities.
London has been our home for more than a century, so we actively partner with organisations that improve the local area and support causes close to the hearts of our staff and their families.
We are also part of a global community and sustainability plays a key role in our corporate social responsibility. As well as supporting our parent group’s global sustainability efforts, we look for ways to minimise our own impact on the planet. We are committed to using local and ethical suppliers, and are part of programmes that reduce our carbon footprint through tree-planting schemes.
Staff engagement is very important to us when it comes to community support and we actively encourage all employees to get involved. We regularly hold fundraising events including Jeans for Genes Day and Christmas Jumper Day. Each September, staff participate in the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ and hold a bake sale in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
At certain times of the year, we invite staff to bring in donations of school supplies, clothing and toys - which the bank will match like-for-like - and send on to our partner charities to support underprivileged families in the local community.
The bank is also part of a corporate volunteering scheme alongside homeless relief charity The Connection where our employees dedicate time each week to help out in a local homeless centre.
In the past year, we have proudly supported the following causes:
- Barnardo’s: A well-established UK children’s charity that provides support to underprivileged families across the UK. Leumi works with Barnardo’s distribution hubs, family centres and foster homes in the local community to provide much-needed supplies like school stationery, winter clothing and toys.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital: Raising funds for the world-famous London children’s hospital.
- Imperial War Museum: We sponsored a dinner at Chelsea FC's Stamford Bridge Stadium to raise funds for the museum’s permanent Holocaust exhibit. The upgraded installation is dedicated to preserving the personal stories of minority groups that suffered persecution in Europe before and during the Second World War.
- Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra Foundation: A non-profit organisation that provides financial support to the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra on international tours, music education programmes and special community events to promote the arts throughout Israel.
- Jewish Care: A health and social care organisation serving the Jewish community in London and the South East of England
- JNF UK: A Jewish charity supporting good causes within the state of Israel in order to relieve poverty and improve communities.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: One of Britain’s largest charities, Macmillan provides specialist health care, information and financial support to people affected by cancer.
- Manna: The UK branch of Meir Panim, one of Israel’s largest relief organisations providing food, clothing, supplies, and outreach programmes to underprivileged communities.
- Migdal Ohr: Israel-based NGO, an education and social guidance charity for children and young people.
- Rambam UK: British Friends of Rambam Healthcare Campus located in Haifa, Israel. A world-leading medical centre and academic hospital.
- Royal Free London Hospital: During the recent Covid-19 pandemic, we pledged our support to the NHS workers saving lives at one of London's largest hospitals.
- Save a Child's Heart: A humanitarian organisation focused on improving paediatric cardiac care in developing countries.
- Seret UK: The London Israeli film and television festival celebrating the rich and diverse output of Israeli filmmakers and artists.
- Technion UK: An organisation that promotes education, science and technology across the UK through the support of the Israel Institute of Technology, Technion in Haifa.
- The British Friends of the Hebrew University: A charity dedicated to supporting and promoting the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- The Wiener Library: Britain’s largest collection and the world’s oldest institution devoted to the study of the Holocaust, its causes and its legacy.
- UJIA: A UK charity working to strengthen young people’s knowledge, faith and Jewish identity through meaningful contact with Israel.
- UK Israel Business: An organisation that supports and facilitates bilateral trade and investment between the UK and Israel
- WIZO UK: The founding member of WIZO, an international movement supporting women and children in Israel with 250,000 members in 50 countries.